Deepika Padukone is an Indian film actress and model. One of the most popular and highest-paid Indian celebrities, she has established a career in Hindi films, and is the recipient of two Filmfare Awards.
1. She was not the first choice for Chennai Express.Rohit Shetty originally wanted Kareena Kapoor to do the role, but she couldn’t because of her schedule and Deepika stepped in. (Source: mtvindia)
2. Deepika Padukone was originally supposed to make her debut in Priydarshan’s Pirate about musical piracy. She was to be cast a member of a rock band. That film never got made. (source: bollywoodhungama)
3. Deepika learnt acting under Anupam Kher and dance from Shaimak Davar. (source: tellychakkar)
4. She is the first actress ever to have delivered 4 consecutive 100-crore hits. In 2013, Deepika delivered 4 back-to-back hits, all of which earned 100 crores, namely ‘Race 2’, ‘Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani’, ‘Chennai Express’ and ‘Ram Leela’ . (source: mensxp)
5. Before she became a Kingfisher cover girl, Deepika Padukone’s first hit was her ummm…colourful ad for Lyril Orange. Post 2005, Deepika found her stride in the modelling industry. International fashion designer Wendell Rodricks once commented on Deepika’s beauty saying, “Since Aishwarya Rai, we haven’t had a girl as beautiful and fresh.” (source: mtvindia)