Today the former US President, Barack Obama gave a farewell speech at Chicago. This speech was thoroughly emotional and after all he is Obama, a very good speaker, so the speech was informative too!! Now when Donald Trump is the new face, here are some highlights from Barack Obama’s last presidential speech:
- Every day I learned from you. You made me a better President, and You made me a better man:
This man has directly interacted with the audience in Chicago touching the hearts of The Americans out there telling that they made him not only a better president but also a good man!!
- I learned that the change only happens when ordinary people get involved, get engaged and come together to demand it:
This line was also powerful and precise in the same time. He directly told that he learned and used all the awesome words. His choice of words are great. He chose Involved, engaged and together which fascinatingly defines Democracy.
3. A great gift our founders gave us. The freedom to chase our individual dreams through our sweat, toil and imagination:
He didn’t forget to address the history of America and the great American Revolution. He told that freedom is a responsibility given to us by our hard working forefathers!!
4. Going forward we must uphold laws against discrimination- in hiring, in housing, in education and the criminal justice system:
He invoked the people about the bias in America about the Blacks and other discrimination on the go!! Himself being a black President, he had put forth these ideas in his departure speech.
5. My fellow Americans, it has been the honour of my life to serve you:
He addressed the nation much closely and called them as his fellow Americans. He accepted with utmost humility that it was a pleasure and a great opportunity given to him to serve the nation.